I’ve seen a lot of “challenges” for bloggers to write about, and so far I’ve completed one challenge: The Meme Challenge. I really wanted to do another challenge because it was fun! With the challenge, I had a topic decided for me to write about each day.
This time, I decided to create my own.
30 Day Gaming & Giving Back Challenge
- Write about a Gamer who blogs about the video game industry
- Buy a coffee for someone
- Create a new Game Character (any video game) and describe a fictional life for them… which describes “who” they are now.
- Give flowers to a stranger
- What is this weeks DLC for a music game of your choice? Are any of the songs are worth buying?
- Give a muffin to 5 people
- Use your Game Character in band tour for 30 minutes and describe the other members of the band
- Buy a meal for someone
- Join a multi-player music game session and find a guitarist you can ask 5 questions to:
- Where are you from?
- What’s your favourite song?
- Have you been to any concerts?
- What other games do you play?
- How many DLC (downloads) do you have?
- Do a kind act for a stranger.
- Play a full round of Versus on L4D2. What was the best/worst “infected” that you used?
- Send a message to 10 friends online and tell them why you think they are fantastic!
- Research an upcoming game and write a preview for it
- Smile at 15 people today. Did they smile back?
- Play & Review an arcade game from the XBOX dashboard for at least 30 minutes.
- Say “Good Morning” to everyone you make eye contact with (before noon)
- Who is your top 5 friends on XBOX Live? … and why?
- Call a friend you haven’t spoken to in a while
- Which 5 friends on XBOX Live do you wish you knew more about? How will you go about getting to know them?
- Give a genuine complement to a stranger
- What is your favourite video game to play? Give a detailed description of the Pros & Cons
- Offer an evening of free childcare to someone who needs to get out
- Buy a new game, play it for at least an hour and review the overall gameplay (sound, graphics, characters, story)
- Buy and distribute socks and gloves to 5 people.
- Read and write a review for a graphic novel/comic about a video game
- Give an umbrella to someone who needs it (if it’s not raining today, then do this as soon as it is and carry on completing the challenge)
- Get new DLC for any game and write a review
- Write 5 personal letters/cards to people to express why they are special to you.
- Create a Poll for the best game out there and get 40 people to vote.
- Mail or drop off a care package to someone who needs it.
I really enjoyed doing the Meme Challenge because I had the opportunity to write about something different everyday.
I haven’t been able to figure out if it’s “that time of year” or if I am just feeling overly giving lately, but I feel it’s necessary to give back to people. I have been very fortunate in my life and I am very grateful for everything that I have. I have been trying to involve myself in more charitable events. I talked with co-workers about joining a soup-kitchen or a Christmas hamper program, so I will keep you posted about how that comes along.
I know I’ve said it before, but I’m not rich, nor do I have “extra” money. I work and make just enough money to live comfortably. I think that’s the key word: comfortably. I haven’t always lived like this. Perhaps that’s why I feel it’s necessary to give back. I could save money if I didn’t have a Starbucks (or two) daily. Or if I didn’t buy new games, or eat out at fancy restaurants. I don’t want to give up the “comfortable” life that I’ve worked so hard at getting, but if it means “life” for someone else then I will do whatever I can realistically do.
I don’t have much time either. I work full time. My travel time is huge; I spent roughly 4 hours in transit daily. I could get a job closer to home or get a home closer to work but I love both just the way they are!
I haven’t watched “Pay it Forward” lately, or spoken to godly people who have inspired this. I just feel like it’s the right thing to do.
I believe that when you give what you don’t have, you are giving the most that you can. It’s important to me to give back to the community I live in and the people in my life.
Please feel free to comment! I love reading them 🙂 ❤ Thanks for reading!