Welcome to my 101 things in 1001 days list. Read on to find out about this project and my current progress!
The idea is taken from Kari Rose who is doing this challenge in her blog. I thought it was a fantastic idea so I am going to give it a shot! 🙂
The Mission: Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.
The Criteria: Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on my part).
Start Date: 27th June 2010
End Date: 24th March 2013
Source: Day Zero
This is the beginning of my 101 things in 1001 days adventure.
I will post here as I complete one of my goals or if they are in progress so you can watch as I attempt to complete them.
If there is a goal that is crossed out, for example:
5. Eat a piece of fruit for/with breakfast daily for 3 months
That means that it’s complete!!
Since some of the goals need to be tracked over a period of time, they will be updated on here as well. In a checklist type format.
W O R K & E D U C A T I O N
1. Get a different position at work
2. Study French
3. Study Philosophy
4. Enhance my web-designing skills
H E A L T H & F I T N E S S
5. Eat a piece of fruit for/with breakfast daily for 3 months
6. Exercise at least 2 times a week for 2 months
7. Drink at least 8 glasses of water every day for 30 days
8. Eat at least one serving of vegetables daily for a month
9. Sleep at least 6 hours a night for a month
10. Register in dance classes
11. Hike at least every other weekend for 2 months. Not weather permitting.
12. Cut down to one Americano a day. No more than 3 shots and stay at that for at least 2 months.
13. Get a manicure every 2 weeks for 3 months.
B E A U T Y & F A S H I O N
14. Buy a new pair of skinny jeans
15. Buy a girly dress – something not all black
16. Get a professional hair style
17. Get a make-over with make up
18. Get a back massage
19. Go tanning every other day for a month
20. Paint my nails all different colours
21. Try to walk in high heels at least twice for 10 minutes
F O O D & D R I N K
22. Try 10 new types of food
23. Learn to cook 10 different dishes
24. Learn to make 10 different cocktails
25. Bake something yummy and serve it to someone
26. Go a month without chocolate
27. Go a week without ordering/eating takeout
28. Go 2 months without drinking alcohol
29. Stop eating food after 9pm for 1 month
P E R S O N A L
30. Get a new pillow
31. Get my Driver’s license
32. Drive a car
33. Do a modeling photo shoot
34. Finish Dragon’s Age
35. Finish Overlord
36. Finish Overlord2
37. Finish Gears of War online co-op
C H A N G I N G H A B I T S
38. Go to a different Starbucks every day for a week
39. Keep my room clean on a weekly basis for 2 months
40. Organize my closet
41. Only look at Facebook and Twitter once a day for 1 month
42. Spend one hour a day blogging and working on my website for 2 months
I N D U L G E
43. Buy a new game every other month
44. Buy new Converse shoes
45. Buy a trinket while in Oregon
46. Buy 2800 microsoft points
47. Buy a capture card
48. Buy new make-up
F I A N C E S
49. Create a savings account
50. Put at least $1000 into the savings account within 3 months
51. Go a week without spending any money
52. Spend at most $40 a week at Starbucks
C R E A T I V I T Y
53. Draw a picture
54. Paint a picture with oil paints on canvas
55. Learn how to draw a manga character
56. Create a website
57. Learn how to edit digital photos
58. Write a short story at least 10,000 words
59. Write a song
60. Produce a song (and put it online)
E N T E R T A I N M E N T & F U N
61. Watch 100 new movies
62. Watch an entire TV series that I haven’t seen yet
63. Go to a Comic-con or graphic novel convention
64. Go to at least 10 gigs/concerts
65. Play video games for a solid 10 hours without stopping!
66. Go to the cinema and watch a movie in 3D
67. Learn how to play 2 songs on guitar
68. Start a new graphic novel series
A D V E N T U R E & T R A V E L
69. Get a French Passport
70. Go to a concert outside of Canada
71. Travel to America
72. Go camping twice
73. Go to the zoo
74. Go to a theme park
75. Go down a water slide
76. Go for a drive to Whister and stop at least 15 times for photos
W O R L D W I D E W E B
77. Blog daily for 1 month (30 days)
78. Post a video on YouTube
79. Post 10 Rockband Video’s on YouTube
80. Host my website online
81. Have 100 people following me on Twitter
G I V I N G B A C K
82. Donate unused items to charity
83. Donate blood
84. Sign up to be an organ donor
85. Volunteer for a local charitable organization for at least 2 months
86. Tell 10 friends why I love them
G A M I N G
87. Get 20,000 gamerscore on Xbox 360
88. Start and Finish a New game on Xbox 360
89. Attend a Rockband Night at a pub
90. Complete Resistance co-op with lll KiRa lll on PS3
91. Play The Sims 3 on PC and go through an entire life cycle with 2 Sim people
92. Host a Risk night with at least 4 people
93. Host a Gaming Party at the local LAN Gaming Facility
M I S C E L L A N E O U S
94. Make 25 new “friends”
95. Meet 5 new people and find out about their life
96. Follow 5 Blogs on a regular basis
97. Finish a song on Rockband Drums (easy is acceptable)
98. Become penpals with someone
99. Get over 200 views on my blog in one day
100. Inspire someone to start a 101 in 1001 list
101. Create another 101 in 1001 list
Goal: # 45
What: Buy a trinket while in Oregon
Why: Because I love justifying that I can spend money. I wanted an excuse to adventure into the city of Oregon and browse their stores.
How: We drove from Tillamook to Portland and tried to find parking in the madness of downtown. $1.60 for an hour. So…I had one hour to find my trinket! Ah, but first I had to have a starbucks cause I was totally coffee deprived! Then off to find a store. I was on Jefferson and 11th and walked all the way down to 3rd to find the starbucks. I could have bought something there but I was on a mission to find something authentically made in Oregon. I know.. it wasn’t part of the requirements but I like stuff to be made in the place that I’m at. Everything I came across was Made in China. Made in China. Made in China. FAIL. I wanted something Made in Oregon or Made in USA.
I asked a security guard where the nearest shops were because downtown Portland is very spread out and the stores are stretched for blocks! He suggested the local mall a few blocks down 4th. So that’s where we headed.
The mall was the same as every other mall. Stores. Purses, clothes, make-up, junk. There was a game stop but I don’t think that classifies as a trinket. 😉 Although it would be cool if it did!
lll KiRa lll found a store called “Made in Oregon”. How perfect!! We went down to the store and on the backs and fronts of items, guess what it said. Guess… just take a wild guess. Do you think the products were made in Oregon? UHM no. That’s right. Not much was actually made in Oregon. Sigh. I almost gave in and decided to buy a Made in China sold in Oregon trinket when my eye caught a cool little metal frog holding an umbrella. I looked at his tags. Authentically Made in Oregon! WOOHOO!!! I was bringing home my new little froggie and I had accomplished one of my goals.
We were about 10 minutes late to get to our car, and luckily there wasn’t any tickets and it was still there!
I love my new little trinket. I wonder what I should name him? MIO? Yea.. that will suit him.
Accomplished on July 1, 2010